Thursday, April 26, 2012

80s April

Elliott has spent the last month posting an 80s song a day on his blog, The Viaduct, and it got me thinking.  So I went through my iTunes to see what have been the top 30 most played songs from the 1980s without listing the same artist twice.  Here is what I found.

1. The River by Bruce Springsteen
2. The Downeaster "Alexa" by Billy Joel
3. Burning heart by Survivor
4. The Analog Kid by Rush
5. The Fire Inside by Bob Seger
6. Somebody's Baby by Jackson Browne
7. Down Under by Men at Work
8. A Million Miles Away by The Plimsouls
9. Straight to Hell by The Clash
10. You Do Something to Me by The Kinks
11. I Won't Back Down by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
12. California Uber Alles by Dead Kennedys
13. Don't Close Your Eyes by Dokken
14. Green Hell by The Misfits
15. Do What You Want by Bad Religion
16. Atomic by Blondie
17. I'd Die for You by Bon Jovi
18. Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds
19. Amoeba by Adolescents
20. Fade to Black by Metallica
21. Orange Crush by REM
22. Could You Be Loved by Bob Marley
23. Beheaded by The Offspring
24. Superficial Love by T.S.O.L.
25. He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask) by Alice Cooper
26. Band on the Run by Paul McCartney and Wings
27. Jealous Again by Black Flag
28. (Don't Fear) The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult
29. That's Progress by D.O.A. and Jello Biafra
30. Instruments of Destruction by N.R.G

Oh, NRG.  I will never forget your role in ruining the childhood of children of the 80s by playing in the background of the death of my brother's favorite Transformer, Prowl.

No comments: