This weekend I visited Atlanta, Georgia to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band play at the Philips Arena. It was probably the best concert I have ever attended. Number two is probably when I saw the Who in Atlanta years ago, back when half of them were not dead.
While in Atlanta, I went to Centennial Olympic Park to see a brick that my parents bought. In 1996 my family went to the Olympics, so I thought it would be cool to visit the brick we had not seen in nearly 13 years. Sure enough, it still had our names on it. Finding it was difficult because the computer that provides maps based on brick search results failed to make any sense. Pointing an arrow to the general area of thousands of bricks does not help specific searches.
While wandering around the sidewalks, I noticed two that I found hillarious:
1. Mr. Sparkle 1960-1994
2. Coondog and Goober
Near Centennial Olympic Park, a homeless man was ranting about baseball, stating "This is Braves country!"
I figured as much, what with Atlanta being the host city of the Braves and all. It was his next statement, after he noticed my baseball cap, that I found the most interesting though:
"Angels? Now I know you on crack!"
More impressive than a homeless man's assumptions of my baseball and drug preferences, though, was the citing of a man who looked a helluva lot like Ted Turner wandering aimless in the vicinity of the Georgia Dome. He was actually wandering aimlessly. As in, he was wandering in in circles, zig zags, and whatever other patterns you can walk in around the street of the Georgia Dome.
I really hope it was Ted Turner.
No comments:
Post a Comment