My trip to the grocery store today was very basketball filled. And by "very," I mean two interesting things happened. First, I was turning the corner into the beverage and snacks aisle when some elderly woman saw and me exclaimed, "You play basketball, din'tcha?"
After getting over the shock of an elderly woman using poor grammar with me, I said, "I wish."
She followed my response with, "Especially professional?" She then laughed and continued with, "You'd make lots of money."
I politely laughed and walked away wondering what just happened.
In the same aisle, I approached the Goldfish crackers and put two packages in my cart. After closer examination, I noticed there was a picture of Dwayne Wade on the package with the message, "GET ACTIVE WITH DWAYNE WADE! BASKETBALL SHAPES INSIDE!" To me, nothing says, "Let's live an active, healthy lifestyle" quite like "Eat more crackers that are twice the size of normal crackers.
Speaking of basketball...
No comments:
Post a Comment