It's been a long adventure. My original purpose for starting BLT was to chronicle my adventures in far off lands. Due to a strange turn of events, I ended up enrolling in graduate school instead. As a result, I forgot about this for the longest time. Seeing as how I still have adventures where I am, I feel it is appropriate to re-open this facility, even if for no other reason than to take notes so I don't forget something. After all, this is about me, so it should serve me.
Yesterday my family went to dinner at a restaurant called Napoli. It is a nice little Italian restaurant along Jefferson Davis Highway. It is no Valentino's (another, better, Italian restaurant in the opposite direction along Jefferson Davis Highway), but it is still good. I ordered an a ham pizza and accompanied it with a nice Coors Light.
My now 89 year old grandmother asked me if she could have a sip of my beer. Being her birthday, I let her have some. I assumed she would take the glass and have a sip of it. That was not what happened. My grandmother had just finished stirring the cream into her coffee and scoop out some of my beer using the same spoon she used to stir it. I don't know why she did that, but now I know what beer tastes like with a twist of coffee.
No comments:
Post a Comment