Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Best Albums from 2000 to 2009

As I've mentioned on here before, I will often write something down with the intention of posting it on here or somewhere else, but then I forget to. The item will then sit somewhere for long periods of time before anything happens to it. One of these things was when I put together a list of what I considered the top 20 albums of the first decade of this century. I meant to post it shortly after New Years Day 2010, but forgot and now it's February 2011. It is good that I waited because I replaced two albums with ones I did not hear all of until after 2010 began. So, because I have nowhere else to post it that makes sense (and it does not really make much sense ofr here either since I am no music blogger), I am going to list it here so the whole world can see what this amateur critic has to think.

20. Snakes & Arrows by Rush (2007)
19. Sam's Town by the Killers (2006)
18. Nowhere to Hide by the Virus (2002)
17. Raising Sand by Robert Plant & Alison Krauss (2007)
16. Life, Death, Love, and Freedom by John Mellencamp (2008)
15. American III: Solitary Man by Johnny Cash (2000)
14. Viva La Vida by Coldplay (2008)
13. Rosenrot by Rammstein (2005)
12. Hau Ruck by KMFDM (2005)
11. Get Lucky by Mark Knopfler (2009)
10. Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons (2009)
9. Crossing the Rubicon by the Sounds (2009)
8. Divided We Stand by TSOL (2003)
7. The Rising by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (2002)
6. Working on a Dream by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (2009)
5. Front Porch Stories by Avail (2002)
4. Lonely Runs Both Ways by Alison Krauss & Union Station (2004)
3. Rebel, Sweetheart by the Wallflowers (2005)
2. Breach by the Wallflowers (2000)
1. Magic by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (2007)

Alright, world, bring on the Coldplay jokes.

2 comments:

Karen said...

No Cake? AND you included Coldplay?

At least you didn't try to include Nickelback.

Bill said...

I like Cake, but I'm not very familiar with their albums. Besides, if Rush was only number 20, Cake wasn't going to make the list.