I had a dream the other night that my father and I were walking through our neighborhood park discussing the upcoming season for the Washington Nationals. My dad told me that he felt the Nats could win 90 games this season. I told him that I could see that too, but only if they had a real centerfielder playing centerfield instead of Jayson Werth. Werth is a good athlete, but he is not a centerfielder and he isn't getting younger.
We walked past the monkey bars, but they weren't the current monkey bars. Sometime well over ten years ago, the community association tore down the original playground equipment and installed a new slide, a new set of monkey bars, and some other stuff. But the equipment in my dream was the original stuff, one was yellow, one was kinda bluish. The slide, which was not in my dream, was a brown structure. The swingset, I believe is still the same one from when we first moved there in 1989.
Another thing I remembered in the dream was walking on top of the drainage tunnell for when the creek would flood. My dad didn't climb up on it like I did, instead continuing our discussion from the nearest basketball hoop. When I was a kid, we used to play around that creek all the time. When it was dry, we'd do stuff in the creek bed, like execute marine landings with our G. I. Joes. When water was flowing, somebody would usually fall in it. We'd also climb on and in that tunnell all the time. Walking across it was actually the cool way to walk up the hill, as opposed to walking on the road like a normal person.
I'll be coming home in July. It'll be my first trip home since September and I can't wait. I look forward to talking to my dad about the Nationals, though we probably won't make it to a game. I don't foresee any reason for me to visit the park, but I'll drive past it almost daily.
No comments:
Post a Comment