There have been two seperate instances where I could have sworn there was a monster of some sort in my window at my parent's house. These two seperate instances are comical because they have occurred in moments where my mental state was weakened by sleep or alcohol.
The first occurred a couple years ago. I have a cactus in my window that was given to me by Rachael for my birthday junior year of high school. I have no idea why it is still alive. Because I have this cactus in the window, the blinds are pulled up and sometimes the sunlight will wake me up at sunrise. One morning, I woke up in a daze and freaked out. I thought the apocalypse was in progress.
I saw in my window staring back at me what appeared to be the floating head of someone that resembled Dr. Janosz Poha from Ghostbusters II. He had the most disturbing grin ever and the sky was on fire behind him. My heart pounded and I wasn't sure if I was really awake or not, so like a brave 21-year-old man, I hid under the covers for a second before falling back asleep.
When I woke up later, I put it all together. The sun was coming up directly behind a bust of Thomas Jefferson. It was ridiculous.
The second instance was less dramatic than the first. A couple winter breaks ago, I had returned from an evening on the town and was a little inebriated. My parents turned out all of the red candle lights in the house, save for my room. For a second, I thought the second window monster was starting in my window. Then I remembered what was up, turned on the lights, and turned out the candles prior to going to bed.
What made me think of all of this is that I saw the candle lights in my room a few minutes ago. I have a new desk where part of it blocks the candle, so when I entered my room, it looked like the second window monster was winking at me. I laughed a little in my head at the though and figured, "Hey, this would be the perfect time to restart this thing with an actual entry rather than saying I'm going to restart it and then not."
Song of the day: "Do it All Again" by JJ Nobody & The Regulars
No comments:
Post a Comment